2012-01-23

Trees in Panels

... can be total sucker...
 The actual size of the panel.... because honestly.. every tried to add details to the a stamp size? O_o I failed which meant working with 600 dpi was a good decision.
 sketch and ... flats done by Lew... and a long road to go...
 Adding the leaves, erasing a lot and adding branches because it looked unbalanced. Adding things and erasing things happens all the time. I made the sketch (I think) 7 months ago??? Some months later you pretty much feel a lot wise ;)
 Depening the texture of the branch without going too much into hardcore realism because that's what I 100%ly don't want to achieve (and never will).
 Adding a bit of light....
... and correcting the contrast and bluring out the end of every branch because it looks too hard otherwise.

Still need to do the background, foreground, birds, details and the... whole rest of the page but that's pretty much it.
The leaves are 2 custom brushes and before you ask for those: Create some yourself, it's much better if you know how your tools react and why they actually react like that. I am still updating and cleaning my own set and it's worth the time you invest.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing! thankyou so much for this.

Zeitwolf said...

thanks for the walkthrough... I remember making a custom shape for the bird blobs - have fun colouring them all individually! :-P