2011-06-06

Brushtest

One thing I can warmly suggest to everybody is making your own custom brushes in Photoshop... I made a lot in the last months. It makes sense if you need highres and printable brushes and some matching to your style.

Brushes will be brushes after all and you'll likely recognize those but it also means that you have a result without people saying "Ah, I use those as well...." well... doh... not good.

Sometimes people complain: It's all brushed! Oh well, and on canvas it isn't? I use a feather brush for grass, so that's not "cheating"? Or a broken brush for small flower-spots? See, I guess it really depends if you can mold those into your idea or not.
Worst is if you are too lazy and use one that "happens to be available".
Take your time and create some on your own :)

3 comments:

the dreamfactory said...

awesome! and this is just a test!?
i´m jealous...

Mehran said...

I tired and failed again at making a nice grass brush that feels "mine". but I 'll get there!!! thanks for the motivation

Mehran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.